Trump is one of the best things that could have happened to America because he forces America to face the fact that our government is diseased. Money buys votes which means the people with money buy politicians which means that our representative democracy represents only the rich.
Trump is like a tumor on the face of America. He constantly demonstrates his hilarious incompetence. The Left is freaking out about him and trying to get rid of him which is completely the wrong answer. Trump represents the best that the political machine has to offer. Remember that the alternatives were Ted Cruise, the universally hated, on the right and Hillary Clinton who somehow beat Bernie Sanders who was beloved on the left.
We need to ignore Trump (the man) and focus on the whole picture. The whole picture is that Trump is just the most visible tumor out of many tumors in our diseased electoral system. Trump was the best candidate that the political machine (democrat and republican) could offer the nation. I think it is time for the American people to take back as much power as possible.
Good news! Taking back the power can be fun, easy, and non-violent.
The Survivor Principle
The most recent season of Survivor recently ended and the player that won demonstrated repeatedly a principle that I believe the Revolution Coalition can use to obtain power for the people and eventually change how the American Democracy works. In survivor situations arise quite often where there are two groups in power and one or two people outside the groups and therefore without power.
In a situation where one person out of a group of 9 will be voted out of the game, the group of 5 will win. If there are two groups of 4 and one person alone, that solo person has all the power for that vote. That is temporary but high impact power.
The idea behind the Revolution Coalition is similar. The coalition will gather as many people as possible comprised of many interest groups. Even as a coalition it will take time before we can get anyone from our coalition elected into any office because too many people are still loyal to the democrat and republican parties. However, the margins between these parties are often so close that the Revolution Coalition should soon be able to tip the scales in one direction or another as we see fit.
Modern politics is based on money because the political machine is run by science and math. Using focus groups and other research both parties can figure out what commercials and other measures will influence votes and then how much they will have to spend on these commercials and other measures in order to win. The party with the most money wins.
There are many elections in America from the presidency down to city government and each party wants to win as much power as possible. This means that even with a very large budget the party funds are not unlimited. This means that money saved from one election can be used to influence another election and, conversely, money wasted by WINNING TOO MUCH cannot be spent on another election. This means that each party wants to win by the narrowest safe margin so that no money is wasted on votes that do not matter.
For example, each party needs ~51% of the vote to win. If each party starts with 40% of the vote and each 1% costs 1 million dollars then the winning party hopes that by spending 11 million dollars they can win the election. The problem is that the numbers are an approximation so there might be error which means that the party may spend more to ensure victory. However, if one party wins by 56% of the votes and they only needed 51% of the votes then the extra 5% of the votes they got represent wasted money that could have been spent elsewhere.
The fact that both parties are striving for a narrow margin of victory due to efficiency is the reason why the Revolution Coalition can be so powerful. If the coalition represents 5% of the vote in some race and both parties have 46% of the vote then the coalition picks the winner. If we make demands upon both parties then the party that agrees to those demands will win the election. Even if neither party agrees the power is in the hands of the coalition.
Organization of Parties
The Revolution Coalition will be comprised of many interest groups that each represent a voting block and each essentially form a party. It is important to note that the constituent parties could (and should) use the Survivor Principle (the outsider picks the winner) to get their desires met.
For example, consider the hypothetical Weed Party consisting of people who think that cannabis products should be fully legal and that the maximum degree of oversight of the cannabis industry, nationwide, should be that of the alcohol industry because cannabis is objectively less dangerous than alcohol. That means that cannabis contributes to far fewer deaths than alcohol any way you measure.
If the Cannabis Party can control 10% of the vote in a moderately contested district they can pick the winning representative for the House in that district. In that case they could gain support for cannabis legalization from both the winning party and the candidate as an individual. If the cannabis party tells an individual that the party will always vote against them if betrayed, the candidate had better listen.
If the Weed Party joins the Revolution Coalition their interests would be even more represented. I am hoping for the following 5 parties to join the Revolution Coalition at minimum (in order of estimated size):
- People of Color (POC) Party: Representing the interests of people of color and seeking equality in America. It is not enough to say that Black Lives Matter. Anyone can agree with that. The goal is this: Black Lives Matter Equally. Until that is the case extra effort should be expended on every level of American government to make that happen.
- Christ-Like Love Party (CLLP): Christianity in the Bible is about Love, Kindness, and Understanding. The Bible says things like “be kind to the poor” and “love casts out fear.” The Christianity that is associated with the base of the Republican Party seems to ate the poor and fear everything. There is only one thing that Jesus hated (that I know of) and that is people who used religion for their own political (Pharisees) or economic (Temple sellers) gain. The former he preached against repeatedly until they killed him. The latter he kicked the shit out of at the Temple (his domain.)
- Weed Party: As stated above, the war on weed only hurts America. The prohibition against weed is far less justified than the prohibition against alcohol. I personally would gladly see a renewed prohibition against alcohol if we could end the one against weed (and I do not partake.) It is just stupid. Every argument against cannabis works exponentially better against alcohol and I am not even against alcohol. I just hate the pointless loss of freedom.
- LGBT Party: Gay rights and stuff. Republican Christians have been on a pointless crusade against the LGBT community for ages and I think it was instigated so that the Republican Party could have something to offer “Christians”. I think that the LGBT Party could work with the CLLP (described above, to greatly accelerate both agendas. The book says Jesus dined with prostitutes so even if Jesus was not a fan of homosexuality, he would have loved every one of them and would not have campaigned against basic American Rights for the LGBT community.
- Nipple Party: The Free-The-Nipple name is already taken but the fundamental agenda is equality for women. This may seem like a silly approach to feminism to some, but consider the facts: Both men and women have nipples. If a man’s nipple is visible on TV then no one cares because it is just a nipple. If a woman’s nipple is visible on TV then it is considered “adult television” or “obscene” and dangerous to children’s eyes/minds. I know this idea can evoke strong emotions but the underlying philosophy is important: Men and Women are the same UNDER THE LAW. This is an important component of equality. Like the POC Party, the goal of the Nipple Party is for Women’s Lives (and rights) Matter Equally.
- All other parties (and interest groups) are welcome as long as your interests are not in direct opposition to another member of the coalition.
As a coalition the members of the Revolution Coalition can influence more elections than any of the parties by themselves. Additionally, for races influenced by the Coalition all the parties can be represented even when the voters of only one party are mobilized for that election. For example, if each party has the influence to control the vote for one seat in the House of Representatives, then a total of 5 seats can be influenced to legalize cannabis and free the nipple. If the coalition can influence most seats in the legislature then the objectives of all parties should become extremely important to all members of the legislature.
Furthermore, if the Revolution Coalition gets enough people on board it could pick the next president.
Voting Principles Before Organization
Today is June 9, 2017. The open session of the James Comey was yesterday and politics in America is as interesting as it has ever been. The events cast Trump in a bad light but they should be reflecting on the corruption of the whole system.
The bad news is that the American Representative Democracy is Diseased.
The good news is that I think it is still treatable. The treatment is the Revolution Coalition allowing the people to work together through the power of organization of influence the electoral system.
The Revolution Coalition does not yet exist so what can you do to change America?
You can vote for change! Here are a few ideas for how to do that as an individual. These are fun and easy ways to mess with the system.
- Vote against the incumbent (the guy already in office) in order to shake things up. The more comfortable politicians get the more potential there is for corruption. If you are democrat and so is the incumbent, this may be hard. Stop thinking of yourself as Democrat or Republican and start thinking of yourself as either the party that appeals most to you or Revolution Coalition.
- Tell your friends. People have no one to vote for can vote against the system and have fun doing it.
- If someone asks you who you will vote for, LIE. That will mess with their polling numbers and make it harder for the agents of the political machine to make accurate predictions. This will waste their money and make it more expensive to control the population. If they ask why you are voting for someone, LIE. Say they have nice hair or made great points about the economy or that you always for for their party.
- Vote 3rd party whenever possible.
- Vote for minority candidates because the elite class in America seems to be less comfortable interacting with minorities.
Additionally, you can help get the Revolution Coalition started as a movement and organization.
To get the Revolution Coalition started, one thing you can do is visit the Revolution Coalition Subreddit and share your thoughts on the vision of the organization and how to get it off the ground.
The second thing you can do if you have some excess cash laying around is to visit my Patreon and donate something to get this thing moving.